News source from CTV News
The black box from the Boeing jet that crashed and killed all 157 people on board will be sent overseas for analysis as more countries — including France, the UAE and Iceland — ground the 737 Max 8 model. Here’s what else you need to know to start your day.
1. Ethiopian Airlines: Sunwing Airlines has temporarily grounded its four Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft, but says the move is due to airspace restrictions, not safety issues related to the Ethiopia Airlines crash.
2. College admissions: Fifty people have been charged in an alleged scheme that saw wealthy parents bribing college coaches and insiders to get their children admitted to elite U.S. schools.
3. Divorce deal: Britain’s Parliament dealt a major blow to Prime Minister Theresa May on Tuesday, overwhelmingly rejecting her Brexit deal just 17 days before the U.K. is due to leave the European Union.
4. Caroline Cox: Two Conservative MPs are hosting a reception to promote women’s rights in the Middle East that features a keynote speaker who has been accused of promoting anti-Islamic rhetoric.
5. Solar storms: Scientists presenting new evidence of an “enormous” solar storm that struck Earth more than 2,600 years ago warn that the planet is ill-prepared in the likely event of another such cosmic blast.
One more thing…
Roadside attractions: Potholes aren’t keeping one Quebec store down, after its owner posted photos of the eyesores being filled in with sharks, the late rocker David Bowie and some dogs rafting.
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cbc.ca/lineup/topstories.xml” limit=”20″]
Canadian News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cbc.ca/lineup/canada.xml” limit=”20″]
#Canada #news #CanadianNews #headlinenews #Edmonton #calgary #vancouver #toronto